Director of Nutrition Strategies
BND, APD, AN, IOC Diploma In Sports Nutrition
Accredited Practising Dietitian, Accredited Nutritionist, Accredited Sports Dietitian, International Olympic Committee Diploma in Sports Nutrition.
Stephanie Gaskell, is an Accredited Practising Dietitian and Sports Dietitian with a special interest in gastrointestinal nutrition and sports nutrition. She has many years’ experience and sound knowledge working in the area of Irritable Bowel Syndrome and the low FODMAP™ diet, fructose malabsorption, lactose intolerance and coeliac disease.
Stephanie also has a special interest in inflammatory bowel disease and other gastrointestinal conditions. She is a strong believer in educating her clients and giving them the right nutrition tools to be able to manage their condition as best as possible. Her personal experience with Irritable Bowel Syndrome allows her to empathise with her clients.
Her other passion besides gastrointestinal nutrition is in competitive ultra trail running. She is an Accredited Sports Dietitian and has graduated with the International Olympic Committee Diploma in Sports Nutrition. She provides professional dietary advice to all levels of athletes ranging from high level to recreational, helping them achieve their nutritional goals.
Stephanie has developed a sports nutrition resource for athletes with gastrointestinal conditions and was co-author in a chapter on gastrointestinal issues in Clinical Sports Nutrition, a very well respected and internationally known book. Stephanie has written for sports magazines in the area of sports nutrition and regarding her achievements in ultra trail running. She has presented to dietitians in Australia and New Zealand relating to endurance nutrition and gastrointestinal upset, been an invited speaker to the nutrition department at the Australian Institute of Sports and to High Performance Sport New Zealand.
Stephanie works with all levels of athletes, recreational, elite and professional including Olympic and Paralympic athletes.
A professional service and advice aimed to helping you achieve your nutrition goals is what can be expected when receiving dietary advice from Stephanie.
Stephanie is a member of professional associations such as:
- Dietitians Association of Australia
- Sports Dietitian Association of Australia
- Member of Coeliac Society of South Australia
- Crohn’s and Colitis Association of Australia
- Australian Sport Performance Network
Primary and Secondary School – SAPSASA long distant and cross-country running
- First female Port Pirie 11km
- 2nd Female Adelaide Festival Marathon
- 2nd Female Barossa Half Marathon
- 9th female, 84th overall, 2nd in age group at the Melbourne Marathon (2:56:50),
which ranked me 17th female marathoner in Australia (Cool Running Australia)
- 3rd Female overall in Torquay (8km) and Mornington (10km)
- South Australian female state road championship competitor
- City to Bay 12 Kilometre (first female in age category 18yrs old, 19yrs old)
- Training in Iten, Kenya at Lornah Kiplagat’s HATAC camp
- Trained in Boulder, Colorado
- 1st woman, 3rd overall at the You Yangs 50 Kilometer Ultra Trail Event (4hrs 28mins),
setting a new female course record
- 6 Foot Track (45km,NSW Australia 12 March) 4:51, 21st female, 135 overall
- North Face 100km (NSW, Australia 14-15 May) 13:06, 7th female, 53 overall
2012 Training Runs
- Mt Feathertop 68km (Vic Alps, 26 Nov) DNF ran approximately 42km (see my run report)
- Bogong 2 Hotham 64km (Vic Alps, 8 Jan), cancelled at 35km due to extreme weather conditions, 5:25:16, 3rd female
- North Face 100km (NSW, Australia 19-20 May), 14th female, 13:41:10, 87th overall
- TransRockies Run (approximately 120 miles, six day stage race, Buena Vista, Colorado 21st – 26th August) 5th overall in the Open Mixed Category and came 2nd in one stage which was final stage
- Yurrebilla (South Australia, 23 September), 3rd female
- Maroondah Dam, 50km (VIC, Feb) – National Trail Championship – 2nd female, 4:55:56
- Tarawera Ultra Marathon, 60km (New Zealand, March 16), First Female
- Yurrebilla 56km (SA, Sept), First Female
- Bogong to Hotham, 64km (VIC, Jan) – Third female
- Gold Coast Marathon (Gold Coast, July)
Currently focusing on career goals for now. Still keeping fit and happy.